Mexican Chicken and Beans is a fantastic easy on the budget dinner that comes together quickly.
I love making delicious recipes that don’t break the bank. There are a couple of money saving tips that you can apply to this recipe that will help you stretch your food budget and feed your family when you make Mexican Chicken and Beans. First…
How Many Ingredients For Mexican Chicken and Beans Can I make Myself and Save Money?
The recipes calls for canned black beans. if you’ve got canned black beans stocked in your pantry, WONDER! If you don’t have canned black beans, but you do have dried black beans and haven’t actually gotten around to making them for the first time, take a look at this WikiHow picture tutorial on how to cook dried beans and freeze them for later use.
One more way to save money at the grocery store is by making your own Taco Seasoning. If you have a well stocked spice cabinet make your own Taco Seasoning from scratch using this recipe From Pioneer Woman.
Believe it or not, you can actually make your own Mexicorn! You can find a homemade recipe for Mexicorn here.
Let’s get started and make Mexican Chicken and Rice together, let’s gather the ingredients.
Mexican Chicken and Beans Ingredients:
- 1 pound uncooked chicken breast strips
- a package of taco seasoning mix (one ounce)
- 1 fifteen ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 eleven ounce can Mexicorn with red and green peppers, drained
- 1/4 cup water
Lightly grease or spray a 10 inch skillet. Add the boneless chicken breast strips to the greased pan and cook them on medium high heat for about 8 -10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cook the boneless breasts until they are no longer pin in the middle. Stir the taco seasoning mix, black beans, corn and water into the cooked chicken strips in the pan. Cook the ingredients over medium high heat for about 8 – 10 minutes stirring the ingredients frequently until the sauce is slightly thickened. That’s it, that’s all it takes to make a delicious and easy dinner for your family!
Serve this easy dinner recipe with your favorite tacos and and Mexican rice side dish. When I made Mexican Chicken and Beans I made Spicy Tomato Rice to serve along side it. This easy on the pocketbook dinner is fantastic and it’s “What’s For Dinner?!”
Looking For More Delicious Recipes From Bunny’s Warm Oven, Try there!
PIN IT FOR LATER
Mexican Chicken and Beans
- 1 pound uncooked chicken breast cut into strips
- one 1 ounce package taco seasoning mix
- 1 15 ounce can black beans , rinsed and drained
- 1 11 ounce can Mexicorn ( canned corn with green and red peppers) undrained
- 1/4 cup water
- Flour tortillas
- Grease a ten inch skillet will cooking oil or spray. I always put a little vegetable oil on a paper towel and wipe the inside of the skillet with it. Add the boneless chicken breast strips to the skillet. Cook the strips over medium to high heat for about 8 to 10 minutes , stirring occasionally until the strips are no longer pink in the middle.Stir the taco seasoning mix, black beans, corn and water into the pan. Cook the ingredients over medium to high heat for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently until the sauce is slightly thickened. Serve.