Lemon Cream Pie-The filling has 3 ingredients, using a premade graham cracker crust makes it a real time saver as well. It’s easy, fast to put together and absolutely delicious.
Lemon Cream Pie
I think Lemon Cream Pie is the perfect any time of the year dessert. It’s fresh tasting, light and full of one of my favorite flavors, lemon. The filling has 3 ingredients…
- 1 cup heavy cream
- one 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup lemon juice, fresh squeezed or bottled
Using a premade graham cracker crust makes it a real time saver and adds to the ease of preparation for this fantastic dessert.
Can I make this pie in another flavor?
Absolutely you can! If you want to make this delicious pie using lime instead of lemon:
- Use 1/2 cup of lime juice in place of the lemon juice
- If you would like the pie filling to have a green color , add a drop or two of green food coloring while stirring the sweetened condensed milk and lime juice together.
Decorating Lemon Cream Pie for Summer Holidays
Lemon Cream Pie is so easy and delicious it would be a shame to limit making it to a certain time of the year. This pie is a dessert that will serve you well through the Summer and Winter holidays as well as being a “just because” dessert.
During the summer months I love using fresh berries as a decoration on no bake refrigerator pies. After either dolloping or piping whipped cream around the edges of your pie try decorating it with fresh berries and placing fresh mint leaves randomly in between the berries. You could also dollop the whipped cream in the center of the pie and decorate with berries and mint leaves.
I don’t recommend using sliced fruit as a decoration unless it is drained well and patted dry. You don’t want the fruits natural juices releasing onto the pie.
Decorate with fresh:
- small unsliced strawberries
- mint leaves
- lemon peel curls
Decorating Lemon Cream Pie For Winter Holidays
Winter holidays have more of a formal feel to them then Summer Holidays do. If I wanted to impress (and who doesn’t when it comes to Thanksgiving and Christmas desserts) I’d make this pie using a homemade graham cracker crust in a pretty 9 inch pie plate to start with only because the holidays make you want to dress food up to make it look festive.
The first thing that comes to my mind when decorating a no bake refrigerated pie for Winter holidays is cranberries. Sugared cranberries sitting on top of whipped cream and again either piped around the pie or dolloped in the middle garnished with mint leaves.
You don’t have to limit yourself to just cranberries, any of the berries I listed for Summer decorating will work just as well as a sugared decoration for Winter. Sugared fruit as cake or pie decorations just screams Winter holidays to me. I think it’s because they look all dressed up and glitzy, just like the holidays. Below is a quick “How To” for making sugared berries.
How To Make Sugared Berries
- Use fresh berries that are ripe, but not overly ripe.
- 1 egg white beaten lightly
- Using a pastry brush, lightly brush the egg white all over the berries
- Place 1/2 cup granulated sugar or superfine sugar in a shallow dish. Gently roll the egg white coated fruit in the sugar
- Place the coated berries on a wire rack to dry and harden.
- Store the coated berries at room temperature for up to a day.
- To make Superfine Sugar – place sugar in a food processor and process 1 to 2 minutes until sugar feels like sand.
Lemon Cream Pie, an easy to make delicious, quick dessert anytime of the year, ENJOY!
PIN IT FOR LATER
Looking For More Delicious Recipes From Bunny’s Warm Oven? Try these!
Lemon Cream Pie
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped to stiff peaks
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup lemon juice, fresh or bottled
- one 9 inch graham cracker crust
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sweetened condensed milk and lemon juice until fully incorporated. Fold in the whipped cream you have beaten to stiff peaks stage. Pour the filling into the graham cracker crust. Refrigerate at least 3 hours. Serve with whipped cream and decorations of your choice.
Looking for more easy pie recipes? Try these from other bloggers.
Latest posts by Mary Bostow (see all)
- 30 Peach Recipes You Have to Add To Your Recipe Book! - 08/16/2019
- Banana Crumble - 08/15/2019
- Ham and Scalloped Potato Casserole - 08/14/2019