This recipe for Chocolate Caramel Oatmeal Bars recipe makes a 9 x 13 baking pan full of oat bars filled with caramel and chocolate chips. The are outrageously good!
These bars are seriously dangerous, I can’t walk away with just one. I could sit with a glass of milk and eat them till my thighs begged me to stop. The recipe makes a 9 x 13 baking pan full of oat bars filled with caramel and chocolate chips. The amount of butter in this is outrageous, which is why they’re so good. The old fashioned oats are moist but at the same time add a little crunch while the caramel and chocolate give you the chewy sinfully delicious middle that makes this bar addicting. Bake at your own risk!
PIN IT FOR LATER
Looking For More Recipes From Bunny’s Warm Oven, Try These!
Chocolate Caramel Oatmeal Bars
- 48 soft caramel candy squares
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup light brown sugar , packed
- 3/4 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, Coat a 13x9 inch baking pan with cooking spray. Line the pan with a sheet of parchment paper that's 9x21 inches. Leaving a 2 inch over hang on each side of the pan. (this is to help you left the bars from the pan after they are baked and cooled to cut them). Place the caramel and cream in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until the caramels are completely melted, About 5 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat, and let cool.Place the oats, flour ,brown sugar, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Place the butter in the bowl, work the ingredients together using a fork until until the mixture is coarse.. Press half of the mixture onto the lined baking pan. Place the pan into the oven and bake just set and starting to brown around the edges. about 20 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and let it cool on a rack for about 5 minutes.Sprinkle the crust with chocolate chips and drizzle it with the caramel mixture. Top with the remaining crumb mixture and bake until golden brown, about 20-25 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven to a rack to cool. When cooled, lift the bars out of the pan with the parchment overhang and cut them into bars.