They’ll be standing at the oven waiting for these little treasures to be done. Bacon Wrapped Sweet Potato Bites is an appetizer or snack with a little sweet, heat and spice that’s easy to make and delicious!
You can use thick or thin cut bacon slices to make Bacon Wrapped Sweet Potato Bites. If using thick cut, they’ll need to be baked about 15 minutes more than if you had used thin cut. You want to make sure the bacon is cooked through. One of the ingredients in the recipe is Cayenne Pepper. If you don’t care for a little heat, omit it or cut the spice down to your liking.
These flavor packed treats are perfect for snacks, parties or football games, huh… think Super Bowl Party! Adults and kids alike will love Bacon Wrapped Sweet Potato Bites…Enjoy!
PIN IT FOR LATER
Bacon Wrapped Sweet Potato Bites
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon cayene pepper
- 1/4 Teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 large sweet potatoes peeled and cut into 1 inch squares
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 lb thin bacon strips cut in half
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the melted butter, salt,cayene pepper and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Add the potatoes and toss to coat.
- Place the brown sugar in a shallow bowl. Wrap one piece of bacon around a sweet potato cube, secure it with a tooth pick. Roll the bacon wrapped sweet potato cube in the brown sugar so all sides are coated. Repeat for each cube.
- Place the cubes on a parchment lined baking sheet, bake 40 - 45 minutes or until bacon is crisp. Cool completely before serving.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you may like these as well.