Oh man did we love this! I cut the first piece of Apple Pecan Skillet Brownie from the pan and went back for a second helping. Apple Pecan Skillet Brownie has everything we love about Fall baking. With your first bite you taste the soft warm apples mingled with cinnamon and nutmeg. The texture of the brownie is soft and tender. The pecans add a wonderful crunch, put it all together and you’ve got a brownie that makes you close your eyes and say…mmmmm.
This recipe for Apple Pecan Skillet Brownie uses an 8 or 9 inch cast iron skillet. If you don’t have one, an 8 or 9 inch baking pan can be used. Follow the same directions for warming the skillet in the oven first, just use the baking pan, coat the 8 or 9 inch hot pan with melted butter before adding the batter. You can definitely dress this skillet brownie up with a scoop of ice cream or whipped cream, but it doesn’t need it. Eaten straight from the pan warm, this recipes screams Fall flavors, Enjoy!
PIN IT FOR LATER
Apple Pecan Skillet Brownie
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 2 Teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 eggs beaten slightly
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla
- 1 stick butter melted
- 2 cups apples peeled,cored ,chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, place an 8 or 9 inch cast iron skillet in the oven to preheat. You can also use an 8 or 9 inch baking dish.
- Whisk the flour,both sugars,salt,cinnamon and nutmeg together in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl whisk the eggs, vanilla and melted butter together.
- Place the chopped apples and pecans in the flour mixture, toss to coat.
- Stir the egg mixture into the flour mixture until just combined. Mixture will be thick, stir until there's no visible sign of flour that hasn't been mixed in.
- Melt one Tablespoon butter in the hot skillet, swirl to coat the pan, you can also use a pastry brush to coat the bottom and sides of the pan with the melted butter.
- Place the pan back into the oven, bake 35- 40 minutes until the sides are dry and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool about 20 minutes, cut and serve warm.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you may like these as well.