This Apple Coffee Cake has a layer of streusel and apples in the center of the cake and a generous amount of streusel on top as well. Your going to love it!
Apple Coffee Cake
Apple season brings about the need to find delicious ways to incorporate them into my baking. Not a problem here, one of my favorite Fall flavors is apples and cinnamon. The aroma permeates through the house and always makes me feel warm and cozy.
Fall down on Gilbert’s Creek is amazing. There are trees everywhere. The road that leads to our house is a small one lane country road with trees on both sides that have grown over the road to make you feel like your in a tunnel. In the Fall when the leaves turn color, it’s beautiful.
This Apple Coffee Cake has a layer of streusel and apples in the center of the cake and a generous amount of streusel on top as well. As you’ll see looking at the recipe , it has both butter and vanilla yogurt in the batter which makes it extremely soft and moist.
This isn’t an overly sweet cake, coffee cakes usually aren’t. Which suits my husband very well ,Paul has dubbed it “A First Prize Winner”! He loved it! Apple Coffee Cake is made in a 13×9 inch cake pan so it’s perfect for making and sharing at work or as a wonderful treat for holiday guests. I hope you make it and enjoy apple season and all the beauty it brings.
Looking For More Delicious Recipes From Bunny’s Warm Oven, Try These!
Apple Coffee Cake
- 11/4 cups light brown sugar packed
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter cold, cut into small pieces
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup butter room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups vanilla yogurt
- 5 medium apples Golden Delicious or Granny Smith, peeled, cored, and diced
- Generously grease a 13x9 inch baking pan. Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
- 1. In a medium size bowl combine 11/4 cups light brown sugar, 3/4 cup flour, 1/2 cup butter pieces and cinnamon. Mix with a fork until topping is crumbly and butter is blended in, add chopped pecans. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine 31/4 cups flour,baking powder and baking soda. Stir to combine
- 3. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the 3/4 cup butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla extract and vanilla yogurt. With the mixer on low speed, beat in flour mixture just until blended.
- 3. Spoon about 3 cups of the batter into the bottom of your prepared pan, smooth with a spatula to level it out. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup of the streusel mixture and the apples, then 1/2 cup of the streusel mixture. Spoon remaining batter over streusel apple layer. Top with remaining streusel. Press the streusel down into the batter lightly with your hand. Bake cake at 350° for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a wooden pick or cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
Looking for more apple recipes. try these from other bloggers.