Apple Apricot Mini Tart
My little experiment in the kitchen yesterday yielded a delicious mini tart! Apple Apricot Mini Tarts are made with a flaky, tender all butter pie crust that’s filled with the delicious flavors of apple and apricot.
I decided that I wanted to make the tarts somewhere around the size of a danish. I started scouring around my kitchen to find something I could use to make all the circles a uniform size. I settled on a mini pie plate. The opening of the pie plate from one side to the other was 5 inch. It gave me the perfect size circle. I flipped the pie plate over onto the dough and cut the circles out with a knife. I was able to get 6 circles from the all butter pie crust.
I had enough space on the dough circle to add the apples and other ingredients and still have an edge to fold over the filling. This is an easy and adjustment friendly recipe. You may have to add or decrease the amount of ingredients you add to each tart depending on the size of the circles you decide to make.
You’re going to love everything about these little tarts, from the flaky all butter crust to the apples and apricots, this is a keeper. Enjoy!
Apple Apricot Mini Tarts
- 1 large apple or 2 small apples I used a Gala apple, peeled cored and sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 2 Teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 Tablespoons apricot jam more if desired, melted
- 1/8 Teaspoon cinnamon
- All butter Pie crust
All Butter Pie Crust
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter put the butter in the freezer long enough to get very cold, then grate it , return it to the freezer til your ready to use it. It incorporates into the flour faster and more evenly grated
- 1/4 cup very cold water ( you can also put this in the freezer til it has ice crystals on it
- Roll the all butter pie crust out as if you were making a 9 inch pie. Cut circles out of the dough, gather left over dough into a ball, reroll the dough and cut as many circles as you can from it. Place the circles on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet, refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Place the sliced apples into a bowl, add lemon juice and sugar, toss to coat.
- Place applesauce onto the dough leaving an inch around the edges of the dough without applesauce. Place 3 slices of apples on top of the applesauce. Sprinkle lightly with cinnamon. Fold the edges of the dough over the filling, crimping where needed and leaving the center open.
- Bake tarts about 40 minutes, or until apples slices are tender and pie crust is light brown. Remove the tarts from the oven. Brush the melted apricot jam over the tarts. Cool on a wire right. .
All Butter Pie Crust Directions
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Cut in butter with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in water, a tablespoon at a time, until mixture forms a ball. Press the dough together, form into a flat disk, wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- I have mixed the flour and salt in a bowl and put it in the freezer as well. having all the ingredients very cold is the key to making this butter crust.
If you enjoyed this recipe you may like these as well.
Old Fashioned Buttermilk Lemon Pie
DON’T MISS A RECIPE!
Get new free recipes delivered right to your inbox