These muffins have a delicious brown sugar,butter and pecan topping to place on top of the batter. All that’s left is to bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes and you have the best Banana Muffins with Crumb Topping you have ever eaten! I hope you love them as much as we do! Enjoy!
Banana Muffins with Crumb Topping
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large ripe bananas the riper your banana, the more banana flavor you'll get
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 large egg slightly beaten
- 1/3 cup butter melted,cooled
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 Tablespoon cold butter
1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda,baking powder and salt. Stir with a fork.
2. In a medium size bowl, mix the bananas, white sugar, the slightly beaten egg and melted butter together. Pour this mixture into the large bowl with the flour mixture and stir or fold until just incorporated. Fill your paper lined muffin cups 3/4 full of batter.
1. In a medium bowl combine the brown sugar,flour,and cinnamon together. Cut the 1 tablespoon of cold butter into the mixture until it's crumbly. Add the chopped pecans and stir.
2. Sprinkle crumb topping on top of muffin batter in pan, bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes or until tests done with a toothpick. Cool in pan 10 minutes.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you may like these as well.