Cream Cheese Wrapped Olives
This is a fantastic little appetizer that only requires 3 ingredients and minimal time to prepare. Cream Cheese Wrapped Olives are made with large cocktail olives, but can also be made with regular olives. I’ve made them with both sizes and they are always a hit.
This appetizer comes together quickly, then refrigerated until you’re ready to serve. Right before serving, cut the olives in half and arrange on a plate, that’s it! Cream Cheese Wrapped Olives are travel friendly making them very easy to take to dinner parties or picnics. And let’s not forget football season! Easy and delicious, it doesn’t get any better than that, ENJOY!
- 1 Jar large Olives ( the largest olives you can find in the grocery store)
- 1- eight ounce block of Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup crushed nuts ( pecans, walnuts or almonds ) crushed finely
- The best way that I can describe getting the cream cheese onto the olive is to envision someone making truffles. Dry the olives with a paper towel, with a knife slice a small portion of room temperature cream cheese and put it into the palm of your hand. Place the large olive on top of the cream cheese and wrap it around the olive. When its covered, shape it into a little football, making sure that the pimento is on one side so you know how to cut it, you want it cut in half not length wise.
- After it's covered, roll it in crushed nuts. Put the cream cheese wrapped and nut covered olives into the refrigerator so the cream cheese firms up. Slice when your ready to serve.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you make like these as well.