Turtle Butter Rounds
When this Turtle Butter Round hits your mouth, you are going to be in sweet, salty, crunchy, chewy I can’t eat just one HEAVEN! I ate four of these in the blink of an eye…and I wanted MORE! The flavors are so perfect together and they were so easy to make…I’m in real trouble with these.
You start out by making a mixture of melted butter, vanilla and pecans to spoon on top of the crackers. Bake the crackers for 6 minutes, take them out , add toppings, bake again about 4 minutes and they’re done. How’s that for easy! You know what’s nice about the recipe, you could use whatever you have in your cupboard, I had left over caramels and chocolate chips. That’s what I used.
These would be great to take to the office for your holiday party or a pot luck. I can see them as homemade Christmas gifts as well. Turtle Butter Rounds, make a bunch, spread the love and ENJOY!!
Butter Turtle Rounds
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 sleeves buttery crackers
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup caramel bits
- Arrange crackers on two rimmed cookie sheets.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat on stovetop, combine butter and sugar. Bring to a boil and cook for 3 minutes. Stir in vanilla and chopped pecans.
- Spoon pecan mixture over crackers.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 6 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips and caramel bits over crackers. Return to oven and bake about 4 minutes more or until caramel bits start to melt
- Remove from oven and let cool briefly. Using a spatula, transfer crackers to a serving plate or an airtight container.
DON’T MISS A RECIPE!
Get new free recipes delivered right to your inbox
Where is the recipe for the Turtle Butter Rounds? I can’t find it on the blog.
Sorry Beverly, there must have been some kind of a glitch when I posted this lastnight, the recipe is in the post now.
where is the recipe for these butter turtle rounds
Sorry d, there must have been some kind of a glitch when I posted this lastnight, the recipe is in the post now.
Can you please tell me what “caramel bits” are exactly? Are they the Kraft caramels just unwrapped and cut up, or are they something more specific? These look scrumptious!
Kraft makes a bag of little caramel pieces already cut up. You can also just take regular caramel, unwrap them and cut them yourself Tara. Let me know what you think of them!
Loving these little turtles of goodness! Thanks for another great post!
These are Wonderful!!!!! Thank you for sharing
Your welcome Connie!! I loved them waaaaay to much!! LOL!
I love this recipe– great idea and super easy, too!
These were so easy to make and were so GOOD!! Thank you Mitzi for visiting!