Tangy Lemon Nut Tart
The lemon flavor in the tart compliments the coconut and pecans extremely well. The crescent rolls make this recipe easy. Just unroll , divide into 8 triangles and place them in the bottom of a removable bottom tart pan. Press the seams together ,bake for 5 minutes at 350 degrees.
Preparing the filling was just as easy. The recipe called for almonds, I had pecans, it was delicious with pecans. . The filling will reach to the top of the tart pan so you will want to put a baking sheet underneath it just in case. Make sure that the center of the pie is set before taking the tart out.
In my oven this baked for about 30 minutes. Take it out of the oven and let it cool. When your ready to remove the tart from the pan just take a steak knife with a sharp end and go down between the pan and the crust in the flutes of the pan to set the filling free. It’ll come right out. If you don’t have a removable bottom tart pan you could make this in a DEEP DISH nine inch pie plate.
When Paul had his first slice, he said ..this is one of those things you just have to go back to, then he had another! The creamy lemon custard along with the coconut and pecans, which give the tart a little crunch is just delicious. The flaky crescent roll crust makes it irresistible! Enjoy!
PIN IT FOR LATER
Tangy Lemon Nut Tart
- 1 tube refrigerated crescent rolls 8 ounces
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped blanched almonds hazelnuts or walnuts
- Confectioners' sugar
- Separate crescent dough into eight triangles; place in an 11-in.
- fluted tart pan with a removable bottom with points toward the
- center. Press dough onto the bottom and up the sides of pan to form
- a crust; seal perforations. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, flour, lemon juice
- and peel until blended. Stir in coconut and nuts.
- Pour over hot crust. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool on a wire rack. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Refrigerate
- leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
If you enjoyed this recipe,you may like these as well.