Strawberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake has three delicious layers. The first layer is a soft cake , the second is a layer of cream cheese, the last layer is strawberry preserves. And if that wasn’t enough it’s all topped with a crumb topping and sliced almonds. This tastes and looks so good, they’ll think you bought it at a bakery! Let’s get started making this delicious cake.
Spread the cake batter on the bottom and 1 inch up the sides of the pan, making somewhat of a well.
Spread the cream cheese layer on top of the cake batter, but not going to the edge of the pan. Stay inside the well you made.
Spread the strawberry preserves on top of the cream cheese layer, again staying within the well you’ve made.
Sprinkle the reserved crumbs over the strawberry preserves layer, then sprinkle the sliced almonds over the top of the cake. Bake at 350 degrees for about 55 minutes. Let the cake cool on a wire rack 15 minutes before taking the ring off the pan. Beautiful, easy and FANTASTIC! Strawberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake…Enjoy!
This cake lasted as long as it took to cool down to cut at our house. My husbands friends ate most of it! I guess it’s time to get back in the kitchen again. Enjoy!
Strawberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
- 21/4 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup butter cold and cut into cubes
- 1/2 Teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1 /4 cup sugar
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1/2 cup strawberry preserves
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9 inch springform pan.
- 1. In a large bowl combine flour and 3/4 cup sugar. Stir to combine. Add the cubed butter to the bowl, using a pastry blender, cut the butter into the flour/sugar mixture until you have coarse crumbs. Measure out 1 cup of crumbs, set aside. This will be the crumb topping for the cake.
- 2. To the remaining crumb mixture add the baking powder, baking soda, salt, sour cream, one egg and vanilla. Beat until well blended.
- 3. Spread the batter onto the bottom and up the sides of the spring form pan about 1 inch, making a well.
- 4. Combine the cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar and 1 egg, beat until well combined. Pour over the batter in the springform pan staying inside the well you made in the cake.
- 5. Spread the strawberry preserves on top on the cream cheese batter. Sprinkle the reserved crumbs over the cream cheese layer, then sprinkle the sliced almonds over all.
- 6. Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes or until filling is set. Remove from the oven, place on a wire rack to cool for 15 minutes, then remove the sides of the spring form pan and cool completely.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you may like these as well.