During the summer my favorite flavors are lemon and blueberry, any other time of the year it’s chocolate and orange! These cookies are so good! They are crispy and chewy with a hint of orange flavor from the orange zest with just enough milk chocolate chips in them to give you a very nice taste of both flavors together. I used a large navel orange to get my zest, I wanted plenty of orange flavor. The cookie dough is very fluffy and soft. You’re going to make 1 1/2 inch size balls of dough, space them a couple inches apart because these cookies spread. Flatten the top of the ball just a little bit before baking so the middle of the cookie gets done along with the outer edges. The instructions say to bake 12 – 14 minutes, start checking the cookies at about ten minutes. This was an excellent cookie, they were a nice size. The texture was fantastic, a little crispy, a little chewy and it had both of my favorite flavors in it. Enjoy!
Oatmeal Orange Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies
6 ounces (12 tablespoons) unsalted butter softened
1 cup light brown sugar
1/3 cup sugar
Grated zest from one orange
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups old fashioned oats
1 1/4 cups flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup milk chocolate chunks or chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Beat butter, sugars and orange zest until pale and creamy. Add eggs one at a time. Add vanilla extract.
- Add oats, flour, baking soda, salt, and chocolate chunks. Mix until just combined.
- Scoop or spoon into 1 1/2 inch balls on parchment lined baking sheets several inches apart.
- Bake 12-14 minutes until golden brown. Cool and remove from baking sheets.
Yields about 32 cookies.