We had company coming, dinner was taken care of but….dessert?
All the Petite Macaroons Cups with Almonds were just about gone. I needed something quick, delicious and FAST! This brownie recipe filled all those requirements. I didn’t have my square 9 inch baking pan available. Since moving to Kentucky some of my baking pans are still being stored, so I made this in a round pan. With only two of us in the house, I was happy this recipe was just our size! My husband isn’t crazy about chocolate, but Hershey certainly won him over with this recipe. He loved it! The brownie is very moist and chocolatey, the frosting is outrageously good! I don’t think I’ve ever made a Hershey Chocolate recipe I didn’t like. The recipe comes together fast, perfect for a last minute dessert. Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah and Happy Holidays.
Hershey’s Best Brownie
Hershey Chocolate Site
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cupsugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup HERSHEY’S Cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- CREAMY BROWNIE FROSTING (recipe follows)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 9-inch square baking pan.
- Stir together butter, sugar and vanilla in bowl. Add eggs; beat well with spoon. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to egg mixture, beating until well blended. Stir in nuts, if desired. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Prepare CREAMY BROWNIE FROSTING; spread over brownies. Cut into squares. About 16 brownies.CREAMY BROWNIE FROSTING3 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
3 tablespoons HERSHEY’S Cocoa
1 tablespoon light corn syrup or honey
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup powdered sugar
1 to 2 tablespoons milk
Beat butter, cocoa, corn syrup and vanilla in small bowl until blended. Add powdered sugar and milk;
beat to spreading consistency. About 1 cup frosting.