The orange aroma coming from the oven was heavenly! I don’t even wanna know how many I ate before my family came for dinner…..
Wanna print just the recipe, click here!
Danish Oatmeal Cookies
* 1 cup all-purpose flour
* 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1 cup butter, softened
* 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
* 2 teaspoons orange extract
* 1 cup oatmeal, process in food processor until the oatmeal turns into a flour
* 4 oz grated semi sweet chocolate
* 1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar, or as needed
1. Preheat an oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside. In a separate large bowl, mix the butter, 1 cup confectioners’ sugar, and orange extract until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Stir in the flour mixture; gently stir in the oatmeal flour and grated chocolate, lightly mix until combined.
3. With a spoon, drop about 1 scant tablespoon of dough per cookie onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned, about 20 minutes. Let cool completely before sprinkling cookies with confectioners’ sugar.