Crock Pot Tuscan Chicken
Crock Pot Tuscan Chicken is an amazing dinner that once you make it, you will want it again (and again!). I mean seriously…there is no way that you can go wrong when you decide to go deep into your shelves to pull out your slow cooker for Crock Pot Tuscan Chicken.
Note: There are some really great links on this post. A lot of them are called “affiliate links” which simply means if you click on the link and make a purchase, I earn a small commission. This is at no extra charge to you. For more information, please see my disclosure page.
The sight of the Crock Pot Tuscan Chicken sitting perfectly on a dinner plate makes your eyes take in all the lovely colors and creaminess that your taste buds are going to enjoy. Each color on your plate highlights the other colors so well that once you cave into the wonderful creaminess, you will not be able to stop yourself from enjoying seconds of this meal!
Then there is the fresh spinach that is stirred in at the very end of making the dish. It is cooked until it is just wilted enough to retain its glorious bright green color that is beautiful. Between the sight of the deep red dried tomatoes and the creamy homemade alfredo sauce…it is as pleasing to the eye as it is to the palate.
And then you taste it. You taste the tender chicken, the homemade Alfredo sauce, and the freshly grated Parmesan cheese. It is all absolutely lovely, especially combined altogether.
You start the recipe by browning four chicken breast in a skillet with butter and then placing them in a crock pot. While that is cooking, you move onto the next step, which is making an Alfredo sauce. If you’ve never made a homemade Alfredo sauce before it is nothing for you to worry yourself about. That is because this Alfredo sauce has three ingredients: butter, grated Parmesan cheese, and heavy cream. Easy, right? (If you are looking for a super easy cheese grater, this one here is restaurant-certified.)
Melt the butter in a saucepan, then add the cream and simmer the two ingredients for about five minutes until it begins to thicken. Stir in the freshly grated Parmesan cheese until it melts and voila, you have an Alfredo Sauce.
I normally serve the Crock Pot Tuscan Chicken over pasta, but you can serve it over rice as well. Maybe you’re thinking mashed potatoes? It doesn’t matter what you decide to side your slow cooker Tuscan chicken with, the dish is amazing enough on its own to just be made and enjoyed. Crock Pot Tuscan Chicken: easy to make using your slow cooker and it is delicious! It’s what’s for dinner…ENJOY!
PIN IT FOR LATER
Looking For More Delicious Dinner Recipes From Bunny’s Warm Oven, Try These!
Crock Pot Tuscan Chicken
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 4 boneless,skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomato strips, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1 Teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
Homemade Alfredo Sauce
- 1 stick butter
- 2 cups Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Place a 12 inch skillet over medium heat. Add the butter to the skillet and let it melt. Add the chicken breasts. Cook each side about 3 - 5 minutes until browned, turning only once during cooking time. Place the breasts in a 4 quart crock pot. In a medium bowl mix the Alfredo Sauce, sun dried tomatoes Parmesan Cheese and Italian seasoning until thoroughly combined. Pour the mixture over the chicken breasts in the crock pot. Cover and cook on low heat 4 hours or until chicken is no longer pink in the middle. Stir in the fresh spinach and cook another five more minutes. Remove from the crock pot and serve with pasta.
For the Homemade Alfredo Sauce:
- Melt the butter in a medium size saucepan. Add the cream and simmer about 5 minutes until it begins to thicken. Add the Parmesan Cheese , stir until it's melted, remove from the heat.