Buttermilk Chocolate Muffins are perfect for breakfast, as a snack or an anytime treat.
Let’s bring chocolate to the breakfast table in the form of these delicious chocolate muffins. You’re going to love the combination of smooth milk chocolate chips, cinnamon, brown sugar and pecans in the topping. Combine that with a tender, soft, chocolate muffin made with buttermilk and this becomes an outrageous breakfast treat or snack. Who doesn’t want chocolate for breakfast, ENJOY!
PIN IT FOR LATER
Buttermilk Chocolate Muffins
- 3 Tablespoons unsweetened baking cocoa plus 1 Tablespoon softened butter
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp . baking soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1 stick butter softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 Teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a cupcake tin with paper liners or grease the tins.
- Place the 3 Tablespoons cocoa and one Tablespoon butter in a small saucepan. (You can also use the microwave to heat the two together). Cook under low heat until butter melts, stir the melted butter into the cocoa keep cooking and stirring until well combined and smooth. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour,baking soda and salt, stir to combine, set aside.
- Using a large bowl, beat the butter until creamy, gradually add the brown sugar to the bowl, beating until well incorporated. Add the egg,vanilla and melted chocolate to the bowl. Beat until well combined.
- Add the flour mixture to the bowl in 3 additions, alternating with the buttermilk. Example...(Flour,buttermilk,flour,buttermilk,flour). Beat until just incorporated after each addition.
- Fill muffin tins 3/4 full with batter. Sprinkle topping over each muffin. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 - 25 minutes or till tests done with a toothpick.
- Place all topping ingredients in a small bowl, stir to combine. Sprinkle over muffin batter.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you may like these as well.