I had tried several homemade biscuit recipes before my neighbour shared this one with me. My son’s reaction to the other recipes…yeah it’s good but keep looking. Truth, sometimes you want to hear it sometimes you don’t. I kept looking.
I stopped looking after I made these Buttermilk Biscuits. I’ve had people taste these tender biscuits, stop in their tracks and say…”These are just like the biscuits my momma use to make.” Now that’s a compliment. It doesn’t get any better in the biscuit world than that. I double the recipe and freeze the biscuits so that I can have homemade buttermilk biscuits whenever my husband wants them. Whether you make them for breakfast or dinner, you’re going to love them, Enjoy!
PIN IT FOR LATER
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons ice cold butter
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Slice butter and put on a plate in the freezer.
- Sift the dry ingredients together into a bowl. Cut in the butter with a pastry cutter or a fork until it looks like coarse sand. Add the buttermilk, mix until just incorporated into the flour. Turn out onto a floured surface and gently bring together. Gently press the dough into a circle until it is between 1/2 and 3/4-inch thick.
- Use a round cutter that has been floured to cut the biscuits. Place in the freezer for at least 20 minutes.Remove biscuits from freezer and place on parchment paper on a baking sheet so they are touching each other. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven.