To Read More, Click On The Recipe Title.
Butter Toffee Cookies
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks/6 oz./170g) butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup toffee bits (can be found in the aisle of your supermarket where chocolate chips are located)
- Granulated or coarse sugar, for sprinkling over cookies while still warm from the oven
Instructions:Preheat oven to 350 degrees F/180 degrees C. Combine sugar, butter, egg and vanilla in large bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Add flour, baking powder and baking soda; reduce speed to low. Beat until well mixed. Stir in toffee bits by hand. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in sugar. Place 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten each with bottom of glass to 1 1/2-inch circles. (If glass sticks, dip glass in sugar.) Bake for 9 to 1l minutes or until edges are just lightly browned. (DO NOT OVER BAKE.) Sprinkle with sugar while warm. Cool completely. Makes 5 dozen cookies.