Oatmeal Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Bars
I loved these bars! Did you notice I said “loved” as in… they’re already gone? Uh huh, that 9 inch pan of bars didn’t last long here.
Oatmeal Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Bars are so tender. But that’s not even the best of it. The smooth, creamy, milk chocolate flavor of the chips along with the cinnamon and nutmeg were very more-ish. I found myself wanting to keep eating them so I could savor those simple yet unbelievable flavors together.
I made these bars on a rainy afternoon just because I didn’t have anything else to do. It’s one of the few times this summer I was happy it rained. Oatmeal Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Bars… simply delicious. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 Teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup quick oatmeal
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 9 inch baking pan - ungreased
- In a large bowl, beat butter,sugar,egg and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Combine the flour,baking powder,salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in a medium bowl. Stir to combine. With the mixer on low speed add to the butter mixture. Beat until just combined. Stir in the oatmeal and 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
- Spread the batter into the ungreased 9 inch baking pan. Sprinkle the top with the remaining chocolate chips. Bake 20 - 25 minutes or until set in the middle and toothpick inserted comes out clean.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you may like these as well.