Corn Snack Nut Mix
There are occasions that present themselves all year round where a snack recipe like this would be perfect. With summer on it’s way, this would be a great snack for BBQ’s, graduation parties, wedding receptions or just plain old summertime fun.
Corn Snack Nut Mix combines warm spices with orange juice and zest to give you a delicious flavor. Cinnamon, allspice and ginger pair very well with the orange in the recipe. It also has plenty of crunch going on with the addition of mixed nuts together with the corn snack. Whether you’re making it for parties or family fun time playing games or watching movies, you’ll love it!
- 1 package Corn Snacks, 7.5 ounce (Like Bugles)
- 2 cups mixed nuts
- 2 Tablespoons orange juice
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1/3 cups white sugar
- 1 Tablespoon orange zest, ( 1 navel orange gave me the zest and orange juice for this recipe)
- 2 Teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon allspice
- 1 Teaspoon ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Grease a cookie sheet with shortening.
- Mix the Bugles and mixed nuts in a large bowl. In a medium size bowl, using a whisk, whisk the egg whites and orange juice together until foamy. Whisk in the remaining ingredients. Pour over the bugles and nuts, stir to combine, and coat well.
- Spread the mixture onto the prepared cookie sheet. Bake for a total of 45 minutes, stirring the mixture every 15 minutes until light brown and crispy. Remove from the cookie sheet to a strip of foil to cool completely. Store in an air tight container.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you may like these as well.