Chocolate Banana Smoothie
Chocolate and banana together are just luscious. This Chocolate Banana Smoothie is like dessert in a glass. I started the smoothie with a frozen ripe banana. Bananas don’t usually get to the over ripened state in my kitchen, I eat them with breakfast and as a snack during the day.
On the rare occasion that I do have them, I peel them, put the bananas in a freezer bag and store in the freezer for baking at a later date or for making smoothies. Using a frozen over ripe banana to make a smoothie eliminates the need to use ice and makes your smoothie nice and thick. Because it’s over ripened, you get lots of great banana flavor.
The chocolate in the smoothie is provided by a powdered chocolate drink mix, think on the order of Nestle Quik here. Or use your favorite store brand. You could also use a chocolate syrup if you have it on hand. The last ingredient is milk. It doesn’t matter which percentage you use, the frozen banana is going to make it thick and creamy. Three ingredients you probably already have, Chocolate Banana Smoothie is only a whirl in the blender away!
- 1 frozen very ripe banana
- 1 cup milk, any percentage you like
- 2 spoon fulls chocolate powdered drink mix (example Nestle Quik)
- Break the frozen banana into pieces to fit into a blender or food processor. Place the milk and chocolate powdered drink mix in the blender as well. Whirl until smooth and creamy. Enjoy!
- This recipe makes one smoothie, double or triple ingredients for more servings.
If you enjoyed this recipe,you may like these as well.