Turtle Butter Rounds
When this Turtle Butter Round hits your mouth, you are going to be in sweet, salty, crunchy, chewy I can’t eat just one HEAVEN! I ate four of these in the blink of an eye…and I wanted MORE! The flavors are so perfect together and they were so easy to make…I’m in real trouble with these.
You start out by making a mixture of melted butter, vanilla and pecans to spoon on top of the crackers. Bake the crackers for 6 minutes, take them out , add toppings, bake again about 4 minutes and they’re done. How’s that for easy! You know what’s nice about the recipe, you could use whatever you have in your cupboard, I had left over caramels and chocolate chips. That’s what I used.
These would be great to take to the office for your holiday party or a pot luck. I can see them as homemade Christmas gifts as well. Turtle Butter Rounds, make a bunch, spread the love and ENJOY!!
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 sleeves buttery crackers
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup caramel bits
- Arrange crackers on two rimmed cookie sheets.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat on stovetop, combine butter and sugar. Bring to a boil and cook for 3 minutes. Stir in vanilla and chopped pecans.
- Spoon pecan mixture over crackers.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 6 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips and caramel bits over crackers. Return to oven and bake about 4 minutes more or until caramel bits start to melt
- Remove from oven and let cool briefly. Using a spatula, transfer crackers to a serving plate or an airtight container.