Fresh Peach Cobbler
A delicious fresh peach cobbler your family will love!
- 6 large fresh peaches, leave the skin on, pit them and cut each peach into 8 wedges
- 1 large lemon, remove the zest from the lemon, then juice it.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 1 1/3 cups self rising flour
- 1/3 cup old fashioned oats
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cold water, a little more if needed to wet the sugar topping
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Generously butter a 13x9 inch baking dish. Place the peach wedges into the dish. Sprinkle the peaches with lemon zest and juice.Place the butter and sugar into a large mixing bowl. Stir until well combined. Keep stirring and mixing for about 4 - 5 minutes until the mixture is creamy and resembles a buttery , sugar mixture. Add the oats and flour to the bowl. Stir oats and flour into the butter mixture for about 4 -5 minutes until you have coarse crumbles.Pour the milk into the bowl and stir for 3 - 4 minutes until creamy. it should resemble a thick creamy batter.Drop the batter by spoonfuls over the peaches. Spread the batter as evenly as possible over the peaches. Sprinkle a 1/4 cup sugar over the batter. Using a spray bottle, Spray just enough water over the batter so that it's wet and glistens.Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes or until browned and crispy on top. Cool 30 minutes before serving.