Chocolate Bavarian Pie
Chocolate Bavarian Pie...a smooth chocolate taste with a crunchy graham cracker crust. Amazing ! This pie is cool, smooth and luscious. But that's what happens when you mix cream with chocolate.
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1-3/4 cups milk
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whipping cream
- One 9-inch pie crust or crumb crust
1. Sprinkle gelatin over 1 cup milk in medium saucepan; let stand several minutes to soften.
2. Stir together sugar and cocoa; add to milk mixture. Add corn syrup. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture boils. Remove from heat. Add butter; stir until melted. Stir in remaining 3/4 cup milk and vanilla. Pour into large bowl. Cool; refrigerate until almost set.
3. Beat whipping cream in small bowl on high speed until stiff. Beat the chocolate mixture on medium speed until smooth. On low speed, add whipped cream to the chocolate mixture, beating just until blended. Pour into prepared crust; refrigerate until set, at least 3 hours. Cover and refrigerate any leftover pie