Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line 2 cookies sheets with parchment paper.
1. Sift together the dry ingredients ( flour,baking soda and salt)
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer - cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well incorporated, the batter won't be grainy and the melted butter will be incorporated. This should take 3-5 minutes.
3. Beat in the egg, egg yolk and vanilla till light and creamy. This will take about 3-5 minutes.
4. Fold the sifted dry ingredients into the batter until just incorporated. Fold the chocolate chips and nuts into the batter.
5. Measure the dough out with a 1/4 cup measuring cup, swiping off to level it. Roll the dough into a ball with your hands and place on the parchment lined cookie sheet 3 inches apart. Bake 15 -17 minutes until edges are brown. Remove cookie sheet from the oven and place on a cooling rack to cool with cookies on it about 10 minutes. Remove cookies from sheet to wire rack to cool completely. Makes 14 big, fat chewy cookies.