Strawberry Jam Cupcakes are tender cupcakes filled with strawberry jam, topped with a cream cheese frosting and grated chocolate. The recipe makes six to seven cupcakes that are perfect for anyone wanting to bake homemade for Valentines Day without making a whole cake or 24 cupcakes.
With just two people in our house, this recipe for 6 or 7 cupcakes is PERFECT! Make them anytime of the year, switch out the jam to your flavor preference, homemade goodness from our house to yours. Enjoy!
Strawberry Jam Cupcakes
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 6 Tablespoons butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup plus 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 egg whites from 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup strawberry jam
- 1 graham cracker crushed into crumbs
- grated chocolate for garnish
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 4 Tablespoons butter room temperature
- 1/4 Teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1. In a large bowl ,beat the egg whites until you have stiff peaks, set aside in the refrigerator.
- 2. In a small bowl mix the flour, baking powder and salt. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- 3. Place the sugar and butter in a large bowl, beat until light and fluffy, add the vanilla. Beat until incorporated.
- 4. With your mixer on low speed add half the flour mixture to the butter/sugar mixture, beating till just incorporated. Add the sour cream to the bowl, beating till just incorporated. Add the remaining flour to the bowl, beating til just incorporated.
- 5. Gently fold in 1/3 of the beaten egg whites into the batter until just combined. Gently fold in the remaining egg whites.
- 6. Place 1 teaspoon of crushed graham cracker crumbs in the bottom of each cupcake liner. Top the crumbs with 1/1’2 to 2 Tablespoons of cake batter. Place 1 heaping teaspoon of strawberry jam in the center of the batter. Top with 1 Tablespoon cake batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 – 22 minutes. Remove from the oven onto wire rack to cool completely. Frost with cream cheese frosting.