Pecan Sweet Potato Quick Bread
Pecan Sweet Potato Quick Bread made with sweet potatoes, chopped pecans, warm Fall spices and real maple syrup. My husband Paul called this “real food”, we loved it.
The dark rich color of the loaf is just a hint of the goodness inside it. Spiced with cinnamon and nutmeg with the added flavor of maple syrup, this soft quick bread is perfect for Fall. Chopped pecans add more flavor and a nice crunch to the soft texture of the loaf. Bake a delicious taste of Fall with Pecan Sweet Potato Quick Bread, Enjoy!
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 Teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup cooked mashed sweet potatoes, cooled
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 cup butter melted, cooled
- 1/4 cup milk, room temperature
- 2 Teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups chopped pecans, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, butter a 9x5 loaf pan.
- Beat the melted butter and brown sugar in a medium bowl until well incorporated. Add the sweet potato, maple syrup, eggs, milk and vanilla. Beat until well incorporated.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon,salt and nutmeg together. Make a well in the center of the four, add the sweet potato mixture and 3/4 cup pecans, stir together until just incorporated.
- Pour and spread the mixture evenly into your prepared pan. Sprinkle 1/2 cup pecans evenly over the top of the batter. Bake 50 - 60 minutes until done or tests done with a toothpick. Cool for about 15 minutes before removing loaf from the pan to a cooling rack.