Crock Pot Cherry Pudding Cake
A homemade cake batter with cherry pie filling and chocolate chips makes for delicious dessert made in the crock pot. This is comfort food served warm from the crock pot with ice cream or whipped cream.
Older crock pots have a tendency to cook hotter than the newer crockpots in stores today. I’ve also found that newer crock pots with a black ceramic insert cook hotter than a white ceramic insert. Keep these things in mind when baking with them.
The cake portion of the dessert is put into the insert first, followed by a sprinkling of milk chocolate chips. The cherry pie filling tops it off. After it’s baked, the cake rises up , giving you a nice combination of cherry filling, chocolate chips and delicious soft cake. Crock Pot Cherry Pudding Cake, comfort food for a brisk Fall day, ENJOY!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter ,cold and cut into cubes
- 1 cup milk
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla
- 1 twenty ounce can cherry pie filling
- 1/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Cut the butter into the mixture until you have coarse crumbs. Whisk the milk and vanilla into the crumbs until the batter is smooth.
- Grease the bottom and sides of a 4 or 5 qt crock pot insert. Spoon the batter into the bottom of the insert and spread out evenly. Sprinkle the milk chocolate chips over the batter. Spread the cherry pie filling over the batter evenly.
- Place the insert into the crock pot. Place a kitchen towel over the top of the crock pot and put the lid on. The towel helps keep the condensation from the lid falling into the batter. Set the crock pot on high and cook 2 - 2/12 hours. Check the cake at 1 1/2 - 2 hours and proceed with cooking if it needs more time.
- When the cake is done, remove the ceramic insert from the crock pot and cool to warm. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you may like these as well.