Chocolate Chip Sour Cream Cake
There’s only one way to describe this cake, CRAZY GOOD! The cake baked for 35 minutes, it was gone in less time than it took to bake it. When the baking time was up and I got my first peek at the golden brown top, my first thoughts were…Oh man look at that.
I let it cool a whole ten minutes, then I couldn’t stand it anymore and had to taste it. Oh good grief it was good! Soft, moist ,tender , the cinnamon sugar and milk chocolate chips, it was perfect in ever way imaginable.
I cut pieces of it to share with some of my neighbors that were outside enjoying the first nice day we’ve had here since October. Their reactions were all the same, this cake is INCREDIBLE! This isn’t just a keeper, it’s a… make 20 copies of the recipe so you never loose it kind of keeper.
You’ve been warned, bake at your own risk and bask in the deliciousness of this incredible Chocolate Chip Sour Cream Cake! Enjoy!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar plus 1/2 cup , divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups sour cream
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 13x9 inch baking pan with shortening.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer combine the flour, 1 1/2 cups sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sour cream, butter, vanilla and eggs. Beat on low speed for 3 minutes or just until ingredients are well incorporated.
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared baking pan. Combine the 1/2 cup of sugar and cinnamon, stir to combine. Sprinkle half the cinnamon sugar over the batter evenly. Sprinkle 1/2 the milk chocolate chips over the cinnamon sugar. Using a large spoon, drop the remaining batter in dollops over top. Gently spread the batter over all to cover the cake. Sprinkle the remaining cinnamon sugar and chocolate chips over the top of the batter. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 - 40 minutes. Testing with a tooth pick for doneness. Remove from oven, cool on wire rack.