Lemon Ricotta Pound Cake with Blueberry Sauce
A tender, moist and delicious Lemon Ricotta Pound Cake that is topped with a Homemade Blueberry Sauce.
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 3 Teaspoons baking powder
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, room temperature, plus more to grease the pan.
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk ricotta cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar, plus 1 Tablespoon
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 Teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
Blueberry Sauce Ingredients:
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 3 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 Teaspoon almond extract
- 1/8 Teaspoon cinnamon
For the Cake Batter:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x5-inch loaf pan with butter. In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir to combine and set aside.Place the butter, ricotta and sugar in a large bowl. Beat the ingredients together for about 3 minutes until they are light and fluffy.With the electric mixer running add the eggs to the bowl one at a time.Add the lemon extract, lemon juice and zest to the bowl. Beat with the mixer until the ingredients are incorporated.Add the dry ingredients a small amount at a time to the batter. Beat until each batch of flour is just incorporated into the batter.Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake 50 -60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. (start checking the cake at 40 minutes for doneness, each oven is different, this cake was done for me at 60 minutes but your oven may be different.)Remove it from the oven to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Blueberry Sauce Instructions:
1. In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the blueberries, 1/4 cup of water, orange juice, and sugar. Stir gently, and bring to a boil. 2. In a cup or small bowl, mix together the cornstarch and 1/4 cup cold water. Gently stir the cornstarch mixture into the blueberries so as not to mash the berries. Simmer gently until thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the almond extract and cinnamon. Thin the sauce with water if it is too thick for your liking. Cool completely, store in the refrigerator . Use to top slices of the Ricotta Pound Cake