Stuffed Ricotta Shells with Meat Sauce
- 12 oz package Jumbo Shells, cooked according to package directions
- 30 ounce container whole milk ricotta cheese
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 3 large basil leaves, chopped
- 16 ounces mozzarella, divided(half gets mixed in to the ricotta, half is sprinkled over top before baking.
- 1 Teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon pepper
- two 24 ounce jars spagetti sauce
Using a large skillet, brown the ground beef, drain the grease off and add two jars of your favorite spaghetti sauce, set aside.In a large bowl mix the ricotta cheese, eggs, basil, half the shredded mozzarella and seasoning. Stir to combine well.Ladle one cup of meat sauce onto the bottom of a 13x9 inch baking pan. Spoon 1 Tablespoon of the cheese mixture into each cooked shell. LIne them up side by side on top of the spaghetti sauce in the pan. Ladle remaining sauce on top of the stuffed shells. Sprinkle the remaining (8 oz) shredded mozzarella on top. Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes until bubbly.