Pre heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9 inch springform pan.
1. In a large bowl combine flour and 3/4 cup sugar. Stir to combine. Add the cubed butter to the bowl, using a pastry blender, cut the butter into the flour/sugar mixture until you have coarse crumbs. Measure out 1 cup of crumbs, set aside. This will be the crumb topping for the cake.
2. To the remaining crumb mixture add the baking powder, baking soda, salt, sour cream, one egg and vanilla. Beat until well blended.
3. Spread the batter onto the bottom and up the sides of the spring form pan about 1 inch, making a well.
4. Combine the cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar and 1 egg, beat until well combined. Pour over the batter in the springform pan staying inside the well you made in the cake.
5. Spread the strawberry preserves on top on the cream cheese batter. Sprinkle the reserved crumbs over the cream cheese layer, then sprinkle the sliced almonds over all.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes or until filling is set. Remove from the oven, place on a wire rack to cool for 15 minutes, then remove the sides of the spring form pan and cool completely.