Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place cupcake liners in a 12 cupcupcake pan.
1 1/2cupspowdered sugar
3Tablespoonsmilkmore if needed.
For The Cupcakes
1. In a medium bowl combine the dry ingredients, flour,sugar,cocoa,baking powder,baking soda and salt. Set aside.
2. Boil 1 cup of water in a saucepan, remove from the stove and add the butter in chunks, stir to melt the butter.
3. In the bowl of an electric stand mixer, place the water/butter mixture, beat on medium speed to combine. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until well combined.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the mixing bowl, beat for 2 minutes on medium speed.
5. Spoon batter into cupcake liners about 3/4 full. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 - 20 minutes or till test done with a toothpick. Cool completely, frost cupcakes.
For the Frosting
In a small saucepan melt butter, stir in cocoa, place the mixture in the bowl of an electric stand mixer. Alternately add confectioners sugar and milk, beating until you reach spreading consistency. Add more milk if needed, stir in vanilla. Frosts 12 cupcakes.
You can also make this in an 8 inch square baking dish. Grease the dish with shortening, follow steps above for batter. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 - 30 minutes, or till test done with a toothpick.