Chocolate Peanut Butter Dessert is an easy delicious treat perfect for anytime of the year.
Whether you make this for holiday celebrations, office parties or a “just because dessert” your going to love this easy to make and delicious Chocolate Peanut Butter Dessert.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Dessert
I don’t know what the weather is like in your neck of the woods but here , it’s been hot and extremely humid. The heat and humidity called for something easy, cool and delicious.
This little treat is a chocolate and peanut butter lovers delight! The peanut butter layer has cream cheese in it, the chocolate layer is made with instant puddings. The base of the dessert is buttery and laced with cashews. All these incredible flavors are topped with a whipped topping. Chocolate Peanut Butter Dessert is cool and creamy right down to the last bite. The perfect easy, anytime treat. We’re going to go through the recipe step by step together so you can see just how easy it is. First we’re going to make the bottom crust of Chocolate Peanut Butter Dessert.
Place the flour and butter into a food processor bowl.
Put the lid on the food processor and pulse until you have coarse crumbs.
Add 1 cup of the cashews.
Pulse the mixture until everything is well combined.
Remove the mixture from the food processor bowl and press it into a greased 9 x 13 inch glass baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 – 30 minutes or until golden brown. Place the baking dish on a wire rack to cool completely.
When the crust is completely cooled we can start making the peanut butter layer that goes on top of the crust. Place the cream cheese, peanut butter and confectioners sugar in a large bowl.
Beat until well combined and smooth. Fold in one cup of whipped topping.
Spoon the peanut butter mixture over the crust and smooth it out to the edges evenly.
Now it’s time to make the chocolate layer. Place two packages of instant pudding in a large bow. Add the milk and whisk for about two minutes. Let the pudding sit for 2 minutes until it’s soft serve.
Spread the chocolate pudding over the cream cheese layer, totally covering it.
Top the chocolate layer with the remaining whipped topping, covering the chocolate pudding completely. Garnish the top of the dessert with chocolate curls and the remaining cashews. Cover the dessert and refrigerate for at least one hour.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Dessert – layers of creamy chocolate and peanut butter fillings nestled on top of a cashew flavored crust, it doesn’t get any better than these, enjoy!
PIN IT FOR LATER
LOOKING FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES FROM BUNNY’S WARM OVEN, TRY THESE!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Dessert
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cold butter diced
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cashews or the nut of your choice, divided
- One - eight ounce pkg cream cheese softened
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 - 12 oz container frozen whipped topping thawed
- 2 2/3 cup cold milk
- 1 small pkg chocolate instant pudding mix
- 1 small pkg vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 chocolate bar made into curls or chopped for a topping
- Place the flour and butter in the bowl of your food processor, cover and pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add 1 cup of the cashews and plus until combined.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of a greased 9x13 glass baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 - 30 minutes or until golden brown. Place on a wire rack to cool completely.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the cream cheese, peanut butter and confectioners sugar. beat until well combined and smooth. Fold in 1 cup of the whipped topping . Spoon over the crust.
- In a large bowl combine the two instant pudding packages, add the milk and whisk for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes until it is soft set. Spread over the cream cheese layer. Top with the remaining whipped topping, garnish with chocolate curls and the remaining cashews. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Looking for more dessert recipes, try these from other bloggers.