Black Bean Salad
Black Bean Salad received an all thumbs up in our house. This veggie and protein packed salad has a ton of flavor and texture. The dressing for the salad is made up of 3 ingredients – olive oil, seasoned rice vinegar and lime juice which gives it a very bright flavor.
I love the versatility of salads. The vegetable ingredients can be switched out to your families liking or what’s in season making it not only nutritious and delicious but economical.
The black beans provide a great source of protein and are very filling making this salad a great meatless meal alternative. I used canned black beans in the recipe, you could certainly buy dried black beans and cook your own for the salad.
Black Bean Salad- you’ll make and eat it because it’s so very good tasting, the “good for you” part is a bonus. Enjoy!
- 2 cups corn
- 4 cups black beans, rinsed if using canned
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 15 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/3 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoons Seasoned Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- Place all the salad ingredients into a large bowl. Toss gently to combine.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl. Pour over the salad. Toss gently to coat. Refrigerate any leftover salad.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you may like these as well.