Cream Cheese Frosted Pumpkin Bars
Cream Cheese Frosted Pumpkin Bars are the perfect taste of Fall and a hint of the holidays to come. These pumpkin bars are made in a jelly roll pan which to me, makes them the perfect size.
Tender cinnamon flavored pumpkin bars topped with a creamy cream cheese frosting and sprinkled with walnuts, it doesn’t get any better than that, Enjoy!
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 2 1/2 Teaspoons baking powder
- 2 Teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter,softened
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup crushed walnuts
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 - 3 Tablespoons milk, or enough to achieve a spreading consistency
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a jelly roll pan.
- Using a medium bowl, combine the flour,baking powder,cinnamon and salt. Stir to combine, set aside.
- Using a large bowl beat the sugar, butter and vanilla together. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the pumpkin. Gradually beat in the flour mixture.
- Evenly spread the batter into your prepared jelly roll pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 -25 minutes or until tests done with a toothpick. Cool completely before frosting.
- Using a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth, add the butter beat until well incorporated. Gradually add the sifted powdered sugar to the bowl, beat until smooth. Add milk to achieve the spreading consistency you desire. Spread frosting over bars, sprinkle with crushed walnuts.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you may like these as well.