Semi Homemade Vanilla Cake
If you didn’t tell anybody, they’d never guess this cake was made with a boxed cake mix. It rises up nice and tall. The texture is amazing. It’s dense , super moist and so very tender.
It’s just amazing to me that you could take a cake mix and add sour cream and instant pudding to it and make such an outstanding cake. The egg and vanilla amounts in the ingredient list are more than you would add to a regular boxed cake, but that’s to compensate for the sour cream and instant pudding added.
I frosted the cake with a recipe for Homemade Chocolate Frosting. The outstanding vanilla flavor in the cake went very very well with the chocolate frosting. It was chocolate and vanilla perfection.
Semi Homemade Vanilla Cake made me a believer, with a few extra ingredients, you can make a boxed cake tastes like homemade! Enjoy!!
- 1- white boxed cake mix (without pudding added)
- 1- four serving size vanilla instant pudding
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 Teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 13x9 inch pan.
- Place all ingredients into a large bowl. Using an electric mixer, mix ingredients together until just incorporated and you have a smooth batter.
- Pour the batter into your prepared pan, bake 25 - 30 minutes or until tooth pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from the oven to a cooling rack. cool completely.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you may like these as well.