Apple Sour Cream Cake
Apple Sour Cream Cake is tender and moist. With a layer of brown sugar and pecans in the center as well as on top, it’ll quickly become a favorite.
If you visit me on a regular bases you know I have a love for homemade cakes. Nothing compares to being about to make a delicious cake like this with what I have in my pantry.
The aroma of cinnamon and apples baking in the kitchen reminds me that my favorite season is on it’s way. Bake a taste of Fall and ENJOY!
- 1/2 cup butter, (1 stick) room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 Teaspoon baking powder
- 1 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 medium apples, peeled, cored and chopped fine
- 2 Teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 Teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, cold, cubed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 13x9 inch baking pan.
- Peel,core and chop the apples finely. Add 2 Teaspoons lemon juice to the apples, toss to combine. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat the butter and white sugar until well incorporated.
- Add the eggs and vanilla, beat until light and fluffy.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt together. Add to the egg mixture alternately with the sour cream. Beat mixture just until each addition of flour and sour cream are just incorporated into the batter. Stir in the chopped apples
- Spread half the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle half the topping over the batter. Place the remaining batter over the topping, sprinkle with the remaining topping.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 - 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove from the oven, cool on a wire rack.
- Topping Directions
- Place all topping ingredients into a medium bowl, rub the mixture between your fingers until butter is well distributed into the mixture.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you may like these as well.