Pineapple Pecan Coffee Cake
I was once again very pleasantly surprised with the outcome of using a baking mix (think Bisquick) for making a cake. Evidently there are more ways to make a coffee cake with a baking mix than you can shake a stick at.
The coffee cake topping is going to remind you of a pineapple upside down cake. Brown sugar,pecans, cinnamon and butter mixed together then layered over pineapple. It fits perfectly with the white cake flavored with pineapple juice on the bottom.
Pineapple Pecan Coffee Cake is quick to make with fantastic results. You’re going to love this one, Enjoy!
- 1 can 20 oz tidbit pineapple pieces in juice
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 Teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 egg
- 2 cups baking mix (example Bisquick)
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease and flour a 9 inch round baking pan.
- Drain pineapple tidbits, reserving 2/3 cups of juice. Pat the tidbits dry with a paper towel.
- In a medium bowl, mix brown sugar, cinnamon, pecans and cubed butter. Work the mixture between your fingers till well combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl beat the reserved juice with the egg, baking mix and white sugar. Beat together for 1 minute, just until you have a smooth batter.
- Spread the batter into your prepared pan. Top the batter with half of the brown sugar/pecan mixture. Place the pineapple tidbits on top. Place the remaining brown sugar/pecan mixture over the tidbits. Bake at 400 degrees for 25 -30 minutes or until tests done with a toothpick.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you may like these as well.