Apple Raisin Bread Clafouti
Yesterday was a glorious day in Kentucky! The heat , humidity and rain we’ve been having was replaced with sunshine, cooler temperatures and SUN! It was the perfect day to get me in the mood to bake.
The icing on the cake was the intoxicating aroma of apples and cinnamon coming from my oven. Apple Raisin Bread Clafouti is an easy delicious dessert. Apples and raisin bread baked in a custardy filling served warm with a touch of ice cream or topped with whipped cream. Anyway you serve it, it’s the perfect Fall dessert. Enjoy!
- 4 medium apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 3 slices cinnamon raisin bread, cubed
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 Teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 1/1/2 to 2 quart casserole dish.
- Place the apples and 2 Tablespoons butter in a large skillet. Saute apples until tender. Place the sauteed apples in the bottom of the prepared casserole dish. Top with the cubed cinnamon raisin bread cubes.
- Whisk the eggs in a medium bowl, until well blended. Add the flour,sugar,cinnamon,salt,vanilla and lemon zest to the eggs. Whisk until well blended. Whisk in the milk. Pour over bread cubes and apples.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 55 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean. Let stand about 15 minutes, serve warm. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you may like these as well.