Three Bean Salad
You can’t have too many cool, delicious salads in the fridge for the summer heat. It’s pretty much a requirement in this house.
I grew up in Pennsylvania where the flavors of sweet and sour are a big part of the food we love. Three Bean Salad has a sweet and sour flavor from the vinegar and sugar.
It also get’s a little kick from the dried mustard and cayenne pepper in the recipe. Of course you can tweak this to your hearts content.
Don’t care for or have green beans? Try black beans in the recipe. Add, subtract and substitute, it’s how we make a recipe our own. The dressing is delicious, you may find yourself making it to use on other salads.
Three Bean Salad, another way to beat the heat of summer, Enjoy!
- One 15 oz can kidney beans,drained
- One 15 oz can green beans,drained
- One 15 oz can chick peas,drained
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 1/4 Teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Place the kidney beans,green beans,chick peas,onion and celery in a medium size bowl. Toss gently to combine.
- In a small bowl add all the dressing ingredients, whisk to combine. Pour over the beans, toss gently to mix together. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours (longer is better). Store leftovers wrapped in the refrigerator.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you may like these as well.