Pork Chops in Sour Cream Sauce
I love recipes for dinner that don’t require lots of pots and pans. Pork Chops in Sour Cream Sauce is made in a saute pan. It’s not only a delicious meal, it’s also an easy meal to make.
This pork chop dinner is reminiscent of a stroganoff. I served it over egg noodles with a salad on the side. Paul loved it so much he ate three of the four pork chops I made!
It doesn’t get any better than that, it’s a definite man pleaser, Enjoy!
- 4 pork chops
- 3 Tablespoons flour, divided
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon paprika
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup water,divided
- cooked egg noodles
- Salt and pepper both sides of the pork chops.
- Add 2 Tablespoons flour and paprika to a small zip lock plastic bag. Add the salt and peppered pork chops one at a time and shake until coated.
- Place 2 Tablespoons of oil to a saute pan, cook the chops until no longer pink inside. Add the onion,1/3 cup water, brown sugar, soy sauce, minced garlic and mustard to the pan. Cover and simmer 10 - 15 minutes.
- Remove the chops to a plate and keep warm. Combine remaining 1 Tablespoon flour and 1/3 cup water, stir until smooth. Whisk into the skillet drippings, cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Turn the heat off, add the sour cream to the pan. Whisk to combine. Serve over pork chops and noodles.
- If the sour cream sauce is too thick, add a little more water to thin slightly.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you may like these as well.