Apple Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
Apple Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette is a delicious combination of greens, apples, Parmesan Cheese and walnuts. Feel free to switch the apples for pears and use your favorite nuts in the salad. You could also add figs and switch the Parmesan cheese for what you have on hand. I used Gala Apples in the salad, they were firm and juicy, my absolute favorite apple to eat out of hand and bake with.
The Lemon Vinaigrette is made with lemon curd, honey and Dijon mustard along with other ingredients you would make a homemade vinaigrette with. It fits the salad perfectly, you will absolutely love it. Enjoy!
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 apple, cored and sliced thin
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese shavings
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons lemon curd
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 Teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- Combine all the vinaigrette ingredients in a bowl except the olive oil, stir to combine. Add the olive oil to the bowl in a steady stream while whisking.
- Arrange greens on salad plates, top with sliced apples, cheese and walnuts. Drizzle vinaigrette over the salad. Serve. Refrigerate any left over dressing covered in the refrigerator.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you may like these as well.