Crock Pot Potato Soup
Crock Pot Potato Soup. This isn’t just soup, it’s a meal. A delicious, thick, creamy, flavor packed meal.
The base of the soup is flavored with chicken broth, onion, roasted red peppers and spices. It is thickened toward the end of the cooking time with cream and flour.
More cream is added to make the soup rich and delicious. The addition of Parmesan cheese ,bacon and cilantro round this up to an outstanding hearty one of a kind potato soup you’ll absolutely love.
Served with crusty bread or rolls and dinner is served. Paul said this was better than Panera Bread’s Potato Soup! It’s definitely a keeper! Enjoy!
- 8 medium size potatoes, washed, peeled and cubed
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 - 7 ounce jar roasted sweet red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt , to your taste
- Pepper, to your taste
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, grated, divided
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 Tablespoons cilantro, minced
- Combine the first 9 ingredients in a 5 or 6 quart crock pot. Cover with the lid and cook on low for 5 or 6 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- Combine the flour and 1/2 cup of cream in a small bowl, mix until smooth. Stir into the broth in the crock pot. Add in the 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, crumbled bacon, cilantro and remaining cream into the crock pot. Stir to combine.
- Cover and continue cooking 30 minutes until soup is slightly thickened. Place soup into bowls, sprinkle with remaining Parmesan Cheese, serve.
- As with any recipe, feel free to add ,subtract or increase spices and seasoning to your taste. For a beautiful presentation top the soup with the bacon and cilantro instead of adding it to the soup.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you may like these as well.