This recipe makes one loaf of Cinnamon Swirl Bread. To me, this quick bread is the perfect little treat to have with coffee or tea in the morning or as an afternoon treat. Something sweet, but not overly sweet. Let’s make a loaf together.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/3 cups sugar, divided
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 2 cups flour
- 1 Teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease the bottom and sides of an 8 inch loaf pan.
- 1. In a large bowl beat butter, 1 cup sugar and egg until well incorporated.
- 2. In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, stir to combine.
- 3. Add the flour to the egg mixture alternately with the buttermilk. Start with 1/3 of the flour, half of the buttermilk, 1/3 cup of flour, the remaining buttermilk and then adding the last 1/3 of flour. Mixing with each addition just until incorporated.
- 4. In a small bow, combine the cinnamon with 1/3 cup of sugar.
- 5. Using the prepared 8 inch greased loaf pan, place 1/3 of the batter into the bottom of the loaf pan. Sprinkle 1/3 of the cinnamon/sugar mixture over the batter. Repeat the layers 2 more times , ending with the last 1/3 of cinnamon sugar as the topping.
- 6. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven, cool 15 minutes before removing the loaf from the pan to a cooling rack to cool completely.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you may like these as well.